Cognac Cask Finished Belle Meade Bourbon
Our Cognac Cask Finished Belle Meade Bourbon™ is the result of painstaking attention to detail to create a product of unmistakable quality and character.
We started by seeking the perfect casks for the project because like any other ingredient, the finishing cask must be exceptional in order to achieve exceptional results. The search ended when we found a selection of casks made of French Limousin Oak that had been used for 12 years to age one of the world's premiere Fine Champagne XO Cognacs. One smell of these casks told us that they held truly magnificent potential as finishing barrels for our Bourbon.
We next selected the Bourbon best to fill these extraordinary casks. We decided on a blend of Bourbon ranging in age from 6-9 years to coax the best results from the casks. The younger barrels pair with the spice and fruit characteristics of the cask while the rich depth and complexity of the older barrels in the blend play perfectly with the soft, luxurious flavors of the well-aged Cognac that once inhabited this French oak.
Cut to 90.4 proof and non-chill filtered, Cognac Cask Finished Belle Meade Bourbon is the perfect way to wind down the day when sipped neat, with a splash of water, or on the rocks.
Points of Difference
- A proprietary blend of barrels ranging from 6-9 years old.
- The blend is then rested to finish in XO Cognac that were used for 12 years.
- High Rye Content (30%)
- Non-chill filtered
- 90.4 Proof
- Nose: Crème brûlée, red apple and a touch of cinnamon.
- Palate: Vanilla, caramel, dried orange, baking spices and a soft alluring medium bodied mouth feel.
- Finish: Long finish mimicking the palate with notes of toasted cedar and hints of allspice.